Monday, April 18, 2011

Sunflowers.

I just love Sunflowers. I love their thick seedy center and the interesting texture that each variety of Sunflowers have. I also love how strong the petals are, and still be translucent when the sun shines through them. Here are a few of my favorite Sunflower paintings, some recently painted and some I did some years back... above: "Sunflower, Flora Series #09" oil 16" by 20" SOLD

above: "Sunflowers and 3 1/2 Lemons" oil 11" by 14" SOLD
above: "Three Sunflowers" soft pastel 11" by 14" SOLD


"Afternoon Sunlight" soft pastel image 15" by 21", framed 22" by 28" SOLD
(I actually traded this painting for a wonderful painting of drying laundry that I still treasure by artist Donna Stenger)


above "?" ...If you know me, you know that I try to be very organized. I have taken photos and recorded the show history and sales of every one of my paintings. But I can not find the paper work for this one, only the photo. I don't remember what I titled this painting, but am pretty sure that one of my daughters has it....(let me know if you do and look on the back for it's title OK girls?) Anyway, I do remember painting it. I was in the Celebration of Fine Art Show that lasts for 3 months several years ago! Each artists creates a studio and basically lives there for the duration of the show. I sold paintings to people who come specifically to that show from all over the United States and Canada. It was fun because I met so many wonderful artists who were so very generous and shared their knowledge and tips for creating and selling art. But unfortunately, I am not the best seller of my own art, so I was not invited back. I do have to say that I have grown much in the business side of art since then AND I can sell other artists work very easily and enthusiastically!

No comments:

Post a Comment